Monday, December 14, 2009

Book Therapy for Widows: 2

At this time of the year it's comforting to have a book whose author understands what you've faced. Here are some of my favorites:

Healing After Loss by Martha Hickman, Collins Living, 1994. A colleague sent me this soon after Ralph died. That was one of the nicest things anyone did for me. Daily meditations on loss, short enough to read in a couple of minutes.

Companion Through the Darkness by Stephanie Ericsson, Harper Paperbacks, 1993. Lyrical musings about widowhood.

When Bad Things Happen to Good People by Rabbi Harold Kushner, Anchor, 2004. A classic. You don't have to be Jewish to learn from this book.

Kitchen Table Wisdom by Rachel Naomi Remen, Riverbend Trade Books, 2001. An inspirational book, not just for widows. One of my very favorite books.

1 comments:

Irene McGoldrick said... [Reply to comment]

Hello,

Thank you for your comment on my blog, I would appreciate a link. I am new to all of this blogging/technology stuff and am never quite sure the best way to connect with other bloggers.

I enjoyed reading over your blog, I like the poetry.

I am sorry for the loss of your husband.

Enjoy those 2 demanding cats and the rest of your family-

Irene

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design © 2011