Sunday, December 6, 2009

Snow!

On Friday, December 4, Houston had snow. Real snow. All day. White flakes drifting down, piling up on roofs, in gardens, on fences.

In the past 100 years it has snowed only 35 times in this part of Texas, and never this early in the year. We made the national news.

The next morning when I went out to pick up the paper, snow still glittered in the sunshine, the remnant of a memorable day.

Five years ago, the last winter before Ralph died, we had snow on December 24 and 25 At midnight Ralph and I ran outside in the chilly air and stared at the beauty around us. A white Christmas. Probably Houston's one and only. It's a lovely memory, and I wish he could have shared this snowy day with me.

1 comments:

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

Hi,
I hope you get this. I signed in as a follower.

Betty Sue

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design © 2011