Monday, January 4, 2010

Tips for a Healthy New Year

When I was a little girl and I was unhappy or disappointed, my mother would say, "At least you have your health." Tell that to a kid who didn't make the drill squad. But now those words suddenly make sense. As life goes on, health becomes more important. So here's my tip for a healthy year.

Go to www.realage.com and start by taking the Real Age test. After answering a few questions, you'll learn if your real age is younger or older than your chronological age. What makes you younger? Health history and healthy habits. You even get to subtract months if you floss your teeth--it helps prevent infections. My real age is 8 years below my chronological age, which always makes me feel great. And if yours isn't, well the website gives you tips for becoming a younger, healthier you . No, it doesn't get rid of wrinkles,though I believe it does recommend some moisturizers, etc. And no, it doesn't get rid of sags and bags, but it does recommend some great at-home exercise programs.

If you sign up, the website will send you weekly suggestions of healthy foods, vitamins, other ways to stay healthy. Realage was established by the famous You Docs, authors of such books as You on a Diet, You Staying Young, etc. I love the You Docs and highly recommend their books. Whoever "you" are, there's probably a book that will fit your needs.

Wishing you a healthy 2010

1 comments:

marilyn trail said... [Reply to comment]

Akmatova
You are an inspiration to us all. My goal for the NY is to improve my diet, exercise habits, and activities. Mariyn t.

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design © 2011