Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Thursday Book Review: Ten Poems to Change Your Life



Ten Poems to Change Your Life by Roger Housden, Harmony Books, 2001.

I love poetry. I love it for its healing qualities, for its beauty, for its ability to make me think in new ways. When I saw this book on the shelf at the Jung Center of Houston, I was immediately intrigued by the title. I bought it and although I can't say it actually changed my life, it did give me great pleasure. It includes "The Journey" by Mary Oliver, one of my favorite poems; "The Time Before Death" by Kabir; "Ode to My Socks" by Pablo Neruda. For each poem, Housden gives his insights, many based on personal experiences.

Housden has also produced other "ten poems" books: Ten Poems to Open Your Heart, Ten Poems to Last a Lifetime, Ten Poems to Set You Free, and Ten Poems to Change Your Life Again and Again. I own all of them and highly recommend them

1 comments:

Melissa said... [Reply to comment]

This sounds really cool, actually. I should go check it out.

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design © 2011