Thursday, November 4, 2010

Thursday Review: Kitchen Table Wisdom by Rachel Naomi Remen



"Everybody is a story," says Dr. Remen early in this insightful and inspiring book. "When I was a child, people sat around kitchen tables and told their stories...It is the way wisdom got passed along. We may need to listen to each other's stories once again."

A physician, therapist, and survivor of chronic illness, Dr. Remen passes on those stories that we used to tell each other aloud.

Her book is divided into six sections: Life Force, Judgment, Traps, Freedom, Opening the Heart, and Embracing Life.

I have owned this book for many years and have given copies to friends on special, life-changing occasions. I re-read it while Ralph was hospitalized, and it gave me courage. I re-read it often.

Highly recommended

0 comments:

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design © 2011