Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Turkey Day



No Thursday review. Instead it's over the freeway and through the traffic I go-- first to my daughte's boy-friend's house for lunch, then to my son's for dinner. No sleigh--no snow. It's Texas after all.

On Thanksgiving, I can be sure of the following:

Dinner will start later than scheduled.

There will be way too much food at both meals.

Of all the guests, I will probably be the only one interested in watching a football game.

Since the meals aren't at my house, I won't have any leftovers. Hooray!

I will miss Ralph. When I get home, I'll be lonely for him but thankful for the day spent with friends and family.


And here are some lighthearted Thanksgiving quotes:


What we're really talking about is a wonderful day set aside on the fourth Thursday of November when no one diets. I mean, why else would they call it Thanksgiving? ~Erma Bombeck, "No One Diets on Thanksgiving," 26 November 1981

An optimist is a person who starts a new diet on Thanksgiving Day. ~Irv Kupcinet

On Thanksgiving Day, all over America, families sit down to dinner at the same moment - halftime. ~Author Unknown

Thanksgiving is America's national chow-down feast, the one occasion each year when gluttony becomes a patriotic duty. ~Michael Dresser

The funny thing about Thanksgiving, or any huge meal, is that you spend 12 hours shopping for it and then chopping and cooking and braising and blanching. Then it takes 20 minutes to eat it and everybody sort of sits around in a food coma, and then it takes four hours to clean it up. ~Ted Allen

The thing I'm most thankful for right now is elastic waistbands. ~Author Unknown

3 comments:

Marieke said... [Reply to comment]

*hugs*

Happy Thanksgiving! :)

thelmaz said... [Reply to comment]

Thanks. Hugs to you, too.

Boo said... [Reply to comment]

Inspiring post, thanks for sharing with us.

I hope that coming home wasn't too painful, but hoping doesn't always cut it. I'm sure it was. But I hope you are "on the up" again.

Boo x

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design © 2011