Thursday, March 10, 2011

Thursday Review: quotegarden.com



Here's my favorite site to visit when I'm in need of some uplifting words. Pick any subject, and they probably have a quote, or many, for it. Here are some samples:

Writing:
Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia. ~E.L. Doctorow

Sorrow:
Sorrow makes us all children again - destroys all differences of intellect. The wisest know nothing. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happiness:
The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance; the wise grows it under his feet. ~James Openheim

Friendship:
Only your real friends will tell you when your face is dirty. ~Sicilian Proverb

Sisters:
A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost. ~Marion C. Garretty

Motherhood:
A suburban mother's role is to deliver children obstetrically once, and by car forever after. ~Peter De Vries

Enjoy!

1 comments:

Meryl Jaffe said... [Reply to comment]

Hi Thelma. I send you a warm hug during this difficult week.

In terms of uplifting blogs, I just found one you might like: http://themethursday.blogspot.com

Every week they post a photo representing a theme along with a challenge to blog about it. There is some incredible prose, poetry, photography and art. I think you might enjoy it.

(And let me know what you think of my contribution - this is the first I entered. I found it a challenge to keep my 'blogging mission' while addressing their themes.)

Long winded comment - sorry. Look forward to hearing and reading your chipper, happier side. In the meantime, know you have a friend out here in cyberspace!

All the best,
Meryl
http://departingthetext.blogspot.com

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design © 2011