Wednesday, April 27, 2011

X is for Xi and Other Useful Scrabble Words





My sister and I have an ongoing Scrabble tournament. Whenever we travel, we play for $2 a game. According to my records, I'm ahead $26 (Fortunately, she doesn't read this blog, so she's not going to be embarrassed.)

My two favorite words are XI and QI--very useful if you're near the end of the game and don't have many spaces available. Or earlier in the game you can use them for a triple word score.

Here are some other useful words: za, zu, zo, ox, ax. If you can think of some more, leave them as a comment.

I am going through the Scrabble dictionary and making a list of two-letter words. And yes, I play fair; I will share them with my sister.

2 comments:

Kit Courteney said... [Reply to comment]

I'd never cope without knowing about Xi!

Thank you for your comment over on my blog.

You have a lovely blog yourself! :)

Meryl said... [Reply to comment]

Great post. I play scrabble with my mom and with my daughters. Love it. Thanks for those two letter gems. I learned "qat" but no x's and it is a three letter word. Just thought I'd share! :-)

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design © 2011