Friday, April 29, 2011

Y is for Yummy



I like to cook and I don't mind cooking for myself. That's not to say I wouldn't rather have my husband back and be cooking for two. But I often cook enough for two and have leftovers the following evening.

Here are two solo-cooking recipes I like:

Sensational Fish (This one takes less than 5 minutes to prepare and about 15 minutes to cook.)

1/2 lb tilapia (I usually get two quarter pound fillets. You can use other mild fish such as roughy)
2 scallions, diced (I don't use these--it's just as good without them)
1 medium tomato, sliced
2 T. plain bread crumbs
2 t. grated parmesan cheese
2 t. oleo or butter
1 t. grated lemon peel
1. t. lemon juice

Preheat oven to 350.
Place fish in nostick baking pan. Divid remaining ingredients equally on top of each fillet.

Bake until flaky, about 15 minutes.


Here's a summer recipe I love. It's so easy I almost can't call it a recipe.

Canteloupe Soup
Use half canteloupe. Cut into small pieces. Puree in blender. Add a splash of lemon juice and it's ready.

3 comments:

Dafeenah said... [Reply to comment]

That canteloupe soup sounds delicious. I will definitely have to try it this summer!

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

Sounds like a similar recipe I use, except I add spaghetti sauce and layers of provolone cheese. Yummy!

Bella said... [Reply to comment]

Thelma, I've made the tilapia recipe before and you're right, it is delicious. The best thing is that fish is so healthy! I use as little bread crumbs as possible. The cantaloupe soup I will definitely have to try. It sounds perfect for a hot day!

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design © 2011