Saturday, May 28, 2011

Books I've Read in May



Read, read, read. That's all I've done the last week while laid up with a miserable upper respiratory infection. Here's my reading for May:

Strangers in Death by J.D. Robb (Nora Roberts) I haven't read an "in Death" book in a while but this is one of the better ones. Eve Dallas is at her usual peak performance as she solves the murder of a much-admired billionaire. Fun reading.

The Reef by Nora Roberts. One of her big romance novels and, again, a better one. Treasure hunting, deception, lots of hot, steamy love scenes.

Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury. I had never read this, mentioned as one of the great gothic stories of all time. Two young boys in a small town get mixed up with a sinister, supernatural carnival. I found it rather draggy. Not a keeper for me. Now, if I could locate the ISBN number, I'd list it on Paperback Swap, but for some reason, I can't.

Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz. A fry cook with a gift for communicating with the dead tries to avert a tragedy in a small California town. Quirky characters, "different" kind of mystery. Fun.

The Emperor of All Maladies: A Biography of Cancer by Siddhartha Mukherjee. My serious book for the month. Winner of this year's Pulitzer for general non-fiction, it's a long but fascinating look into the science and treatment of cancer.

2 comments:

Su said... [Reply to comment]

Sorry to hear about your upper respiratory infection-- ick! I hope you're feeling better. But yay for you for getting so much reading done while you were ill!

Dafeenah said... [Reply to comment]

Sorry about your illness but I envy your reading time. I am behind on my reading and would love to have some time to catch up on it.

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design © 2011