Sunday, September 30, 2012

September Books

Posting the books I've read in the past month is one of my favorite things to do, so here goes:
I Will Not Die and Unlived Life by Dawna Markova is a beautiful book, well worth reading.  In fact, I'll be posting more about it as time goes on.

David Gilham's novel, City of Women is a different take on World War II.  Sigrid is an ordinary German woman, doing her best to make it while her husband is serving on the Eastern front when she befriends a young neighbor and is drawn into a web of intrigue and deception.  A good read, though you have to suspend your disbelief about some the the coincidental events.

Isn't this the most gruesome cover ever?  It made me feel like I was dead already. If you've read past postings, you may know that I belong to a group that discusses end-of-life issues.  It's called Death, Dying and Dessert and that's what prompted me to read this practical book about the importance of end-of-life planning.
Okay, why on earth am I reading The Prince and the Pauper?  Because someone in my book club nominated it and I felt obligated.  Did I like it?  Not especially.  I'd much rather have spent time with Huck Finn.

0 comments:

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design © 2011