Sunday, December 2, 2012

Books of November

As usual, my books are very different, but who wants to read the same thing over and over?
Afterwards by Rosamond Lupton uses a strange plot device.  After a mother and daughter a seriously burned in a school fire, they leave their bodies (yes, that's the plot device) and try to figure out who set the fire   I give it a B.

One of my book club selections.  Beautifully written, a classic, but 670 pages long and after around 300 I began to feel I'd had enough.  I'm glad I read it--now I can say I read what is considered one of the great books of the 20th century--but I confess I didn't understand it  and by the end I was annoyed with the author and myself.  But if you want to read it, have at it, and if you already have, please please leave a comment and explain it to me.

Interesting, engaging book about how important the subconscious is in our lives.  I enjoyed it but I don't think I learned anything new.  A-

0 comments:

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design © 2011