Friday, March 29, 2013

Books of March

I usually post on Mondays but that's April 1, the beginning of my favorite blogging month--the A to Z Challenge.  So here are the books I read this month:

Agincourt by Bernard Cornwell is an absorbing (and brutal) account of the battle of Agincourt, told from the point of view of an archer in Henry V's army.  I love medieval history so I enjoyed this book.
I Never Promised You a Rose Garden, a semi-autobiographical novel by Joanne Greenberg recounts the life of Deborah, a girl in a mental hospital.  This is one of my favorite books.  I nominated it for our book club and loved reading it for the umpteenth time.


Of Such Small Differences by Joanne Greenberg is the story of a deaf-blind young man and his love for a sighted, hearing young woman.  Slow moving but beautifully told. 
The Mountaintop is a play that takes place in a hotel room on the last night of Martin Luther King's life.  Interesting and surprising.
Thursdays at Eight by Debbie Macomber is a sweet book about four friends, their lives and loves.

0 comments:

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design © 2011