Tuesday, April 23, 2013

T is for Texting in Poetry




There's texting and there's texting.  Heard of text poetry?  I hadn't until I came upon the annual text poetry contest of the Guardian newspaper.  Here are some former winners:

I left my pictur on th ground wher u walk
so that somday if th sun was jst right
& th rain didnt wash me awa
u might c me out of th corner of yr i & pic me up 

w8 fr yr mesg the beep yr wrds of rude luv.
U mke me blush w

The curve of yr letters u tch me thru my palms, my eyes.
 Pls, stop sendg msgs2ths
no, i am not linda,
I hv not slept w/yr sis,
+i wd nvr call any1's ma a slag.
Gd luk w/viag.
Luv, yr wrong no. xxx
Want to add a text poem to the Comments section?  B mi gst.

0 comments:

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design © 2011