Sunday, May 26, 2013

A New Year Begins

Another year, another birthday.

Every year seems to go faster than the last.

Last week I erased another number and replaced it with a new one.  I can't say I'm thrilled about getting older, but it's comforting to know that all my friends are getting older, too.  I hope we're getting wiser as well.  Does age automatically confer wisdom?  I'm not so sure about that but I keep hoping.

I find myself humming Frank Sinatra's signature song:  My Way.  Am I ready to "face the final curtain?"
Well, preferably not.  There's so much more I want to do and experience--places to visit, words to write, my family and friends to spend time with...  I hope I have some good years left.  If I do, I hope I use them  well.

0 comments:

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design © 2011