Sunday, March 30, 2014

Books of March


The Big Burn by Jeanette Ingold is the fascinating story of the beginning of the U.S. Forest Service, brainchild of Teddy Roosevelt, and how the great Idaho fire of 1910 influenced its growth.  Very interesting although descriptions of burn injuries were a bit hard for me to read,  (I'm a burn survivor). 

The Dog Stars by Peter Heller was a book club selection.  I usually enjoy post-apocalyptic stories but I forced myself through this one because I felt obligated.  My favorite character was the dog.  Does that tell you something?

The English Girl by Daniel Silva was recommended by a friend.  I enjoyed every minute of it.  Although it's part of a series about an Israeli spy-assassin-art restorer (yes, art restorer) and I had never read the preceding books, I had no trouble getting into the story.  Now I want to read all of Silva's books.

Happy reading.

0 comments:

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design © 2011