Sunday, June 26, 2016

How I Met the Hunks

Alas, the hunks I met were not age-appropriate elderly hunks.  But face it, how many elderly men are hunky?  No, these hunks were in college, and here's how I met them.

Moving from a five-bedroom home to a two-bedroom apartment requires a lot of downsizing.  I thought I'd done this successfully, but after I'd moved and unpacked and tried to find space for my stuff, I found I still had too much to fit in my new space.  Because my late husband did computer work for the Salvation Army, I've always supported them and donated to them.  During the past year I took bags and bags of dishes, glassware, cookware, clothing, linens and miscellaneous items to their drop-off place in southwest Houston.  I was such a regular patron, the guys there recognized my car.

This time I had a file cabinet and other things too heavy to haul over there so I called their pick-up service.  I guess the Salvation Army has gone high tech.  You had to email them and include a picture of at least one item and then wait for them to call and give you a day and time of pickup.  Didn't work for me.  I figured as the donor, I could request a day and time, but not so.

I checked with Goodwill.  They don't pick up donations, but their website had a link to a service they recommend--College Hunks Hauling Junk.  What an enticing business name.  I called and yes, they could come the next day.

Two college students (yes, they really were in college) arrived at my door the following afternoon.  One was from the University of Houston, the other from Texas A & M.  They weren't exactly hunks, but they were pretty cute and, more importantly, they were polite, efficient and very careful in gathering and moving things.  They do charge for their service, but, believe me, it was well worth the expense.  And I got to spend 15 minutes with two cute college students.  I highly recommend them.

You can find them at www.collegehunkshaulingjunk.com



3 comments:

Louise Gallagher said... [Reply to comment]

HOw delightlful!

A couple of college almost hunks are always better than no hunks at all! :)

Margaret Anderson said... [Reply to comment]

I know someone who can use this. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said... [Reply to comment]

So where did the picture of the real hunks come from?

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design © 2011