Sunday, December 11, 2016

Introducing Myself


My name is Cassie.  I'm seven months old.  My mom tells me I was a replacement for her orange cat, Mango, but now she loves me for myself.  Everyone said she should get a new cat after Mango died, and one afternoon her friend Jeanne called to say she'd seen me at Petsmart, so that's where I came from.  I'm not sure where I was from originally, but who cares? 
I spent my first week barricaded behind the toilet but now I go all over.  Mostly I follow my mom around when she's home because she's the one who feeds me.  At night I sleep with my head on her shoulder.  I'm a very affectionate kitten.  I weigh seven pounds and I like to eat so I'm growing fast.
Facts about me:

Original name:  Tootsie.  Thank goodness my mom changed it.  Not classy enough for me.

Favorite book:  Felines of New York

Favorite food:  Anything, but I usually dine on Iams Kitten food.

Favorite star:  Henri, Le Chat Noir.  I watch him on Youtube.  He speaks French, but there are subtitles on his videos.

Favorite poem:  From Poetry for Cats
To a Vase, by Elizabeth Barrett Browning's Cat

How do I break thee?  Let me count the ways.
I break thee if thou art at any height
My paws can reach, when smarting from some        slight,
I sulk or have one of my crazy days.
I break thee with an accidental graze
Or twitch of tail, if I should take a fright.
I break thee out of pure and simple spite
The way I broke the jar of mayonnaise.
I break thee if a bug upon thee sits.
I break thee if I'm in a playful mood,
And then I wrestle with the shiny bits.
I break thee if I do not like my food
Or if someone thy shards together fits,
I'll break thee once again if thou art glued.

0 comments:

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design © 2011