Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Quotes for the Week: Bookstores


"Alas!  When is human nature so weak as in a bookstore?"
                         Henry Ward Beecher

"When I visit a new bookstore, I demand cleanliness, computer monitors and rigorous alphabetization.  When I visit a second-hand bookstore, I prefer indifferent housekeeping, sleeping cats and sufficient organizational chaos to fuel my fantasies."
                          Anne Fadiman

"There is nothing like the smell of a bookstore.  If you ask me, it's actually a combination of smells:  part library, part new-book smell and part expectation for what you might find."
                           Kathryn Fitzmaurice

"Even an ice cream parlor--a definite advantage--the sorrow I feel for a town lacking a bookstore."
                          Natalie Goldberg

"I love bookstores.  A bookstore is one of the only pieces of physical evidence we have that people are still thinking."
                          Jerry Seinfeld

0 comments:

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design © 2011